Why is a diaper service "environmentally-friendly"? TOP
According to the Real Diaper Association:
- Disposable diapers generate sixty times more solid waste and use twenty times more raw materials, like crude oil and wood pulp.
- The manufacture and use of disposable diapers amounts to 2.3 times more water wasted than cloth.
- Over 300 pounds of wood, 50 pounds of petroleum feedstocks and 20 pounds of chlorine are used to produce disposable diapers for one baby EACH YEAR.
Choosing cloth diapers is choosing a reusable product. Additionally, using our service, instead of washing at home will conserve precious water and energy.
What if my bag gets stolen? TOP
Believe it or not bags do get stolen. We ask that you make sure that you place your bag in a secure location. If, however, a bag does get stolen we will split the cost of the stolen bag with the customer, at the replacement fee of $2 per diaper, plus the cost of the pail liner.
What do I do on delivery day? TOP
Pick-ups and deliveries are done very early in the morning, so please place your bag out the night before. Delivery times will generally be the same each week but may vary according to traffic, weather, etc.
My delivery falls on a holiday. Will you still deliver? TOP
We will deliver as usual on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. If your delivery day falls on one of these holidays you will be notified in advance of the holiday delivery schedule.
What if I accidentally put something besides diapers in the pail? TOP
Any service you choose, you are welcome to put any compostable products purchased from Blessed Bums into the bag for composting.
Please keep all other personal items and disposable products out of the pail liners. We cannot be responsible for any lost items left in the soiled diaper bag, including other cloth diapering accessories. Please let us know and we will do our best to locate any missing items. If item is found we will gladly return it on your next scheduled delivery. Blessed Bums is also not responsible for any accidental cleaning of lost items.
What happens if I move? TOP
If you need to change your delivery address, please call one week in advance. Your delivery date may be changed based on your new location. Should that happen, we are happy to arrange an additional delivery or more diapers to ensure you don’t run out of diapers during your move. If you are moving out of our service area, please cancel before your next billing cycle.
I forgot to set out the dirty diapers. What do I do now? TOP
We understand life gets hectic with little ones running around, but we do need your dirties back in order to bring you clean ones the following week. Please call us as soon as possible after your missed delivery to make arrangements.
You will still be charged your usual one week of service for a missed pickup. If you forget to leave your diapers out, you have three options:
1. Wait until next week’s delivery
2. Bring your soiled diapers to our facility in Santa Clarita to exchange them for your clean diapers
3. Based on availability, we may be able to make a return trip for a minimum fee of $25.
If you are using the All Compost service, you may simply wait until next week's pick-up.
What happens if I run out of diapers? TOP
If you run out of diapers every week, we can arrange to increase your inventory for a small per diaper fee.
How do I pay for service? TOP
There are several ways to pay for gifts for others and for products:
- Leave a check taped to the outside of your bag of soiled diapers.
- Mail a payment (check or money order) to:
18345 Sierra Hwy Unit 8b, Santa Clarita CA 91351
- Monthly billing is available through our online checkout, using Paypal’s secure website. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX are accepted.
- We can set up recurring payments using your Visa or Mastercard. Please call to arrange this method.
Note: there is a $30.00 charge for returned checks.
We will bill you every 4 weeks. A 4 week minimum is required. We require a credit card when signing up for service and will charge your card every four weeks, unless other arrangements have been made.
What if I go on vacation? TOP
You have three options:
- Take the diapers with you using a Bummis Fabulous Wet Bag. These bags are stain and odor resistant, making travel a breeze.
- Call us to purchase our biodegradable disposables to be delivered to you. These diapers are less harmful on the environment and your baby and are great for short-term use.
- Freeze your service by filling out this form. If you are vacationing for longer than 2 weeks, we will need to collect all the dirty and clean diapers from you before you leave. We will make sure you have a clean bundle ready for your return home, just call us and we are happy to make arrangements.
If you freeze service with your All Cloth or 50/50 Combo Service, you will not pay for weeks that you are out of town and are not using your diapers.
All Compostable service users that let us know that they will not be needing a pickup because they are out of town will receive a $5 credit toward next month's membership fee.
What happens if I need to cancel? TOP
Diapers are generally needed for at least 24 months. Once you are ready to cancel service, please call us 5 days before your billing cycle ends. On the last delivery day, all diapers, clean or soiled, need to be set-out for pickup. Prepaid weeks of service are non-refundable.
What do I need to set up service? TOP
You will need to tell us how much your baby weighs, a delivery address, any special delivery instructions, and a valid credit card. We will confirm with you delivery date and procedures, as well as whether you need any diaper covers, rash creams, etc. Payments may be made via check, but we will need a valid credit card on file in case of loss or damages.
How soon can I start? TOP
We may require two-week advance notice before your delivery will start, but we will get you started as soon as possible! Please call us if you need them or want to start right away.
I'm not due until next month. What happens if baby arrives early? TOP
Pre-birth orders are gladly accepted. We will deliver one week’s worth of diapers so you are prepared for baby’s arrival. We will not make a second delivery until you call and let us know the stork has arrived
How are the diapers washed? TOP
We adhere to the requirements set by Real Diaper Industry Association. Each diaper is washed and sanitized using organic, earth-friendly products that are recommended by the manufacturer. The diapers are washed and sanitized in 160-degree water in energy efficient machines. Our diapers are tested for cleanliness and pH levels on a regular basis.
How do I care for the diaper covers? TOP
Diaper covers are to be washed at home by you. The inside of the diaper can be wiped clean between uses, and if thoroughly soiled, washed in your washer. Just machine wash warm and hang to dry. More detailed instructions will be provided with each cover purchase.
Won't the diaper pail smell bad? TOP
The pail liners are the highest quality ones on the market and should retain the odor. But there are some simple steps to keep odors to a minimum, should they arise.
- Change the deodorizing disc monthly. We will deliver a fresh deodorizing disc to you monthly with your service, free of charge.
- Use a Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag- they work like a charm!
- Use the biofit liners or shaking the solids from the diaper into the toilet before putting it into the pail.
- Do not rinse or soak diapers.
- Store them dry as they come off baby.
- Try sprinkling some baking soda or tea tree oil periodically.
- Clean the diaper pail from time to time with soap and dry completely before inserting the clean liner.
How many diapers will I get each week? TOP
You will receive 80 diapers your first week for newborns, 70 for baby, and 50 for toddlers. Newborns are 4-9 lbs, Baby 7-28lbs, and Toddler 25-40 lbs.
The starting number of diapers are delivered week 1 and week 2. From week 3 on, we will return only the number of diapers you returned the week before. If you find yourself needing more than the delivered amount of diapers, we are happy to increase the quantity for a nominal fee.
What do I do if my baby is soaking through diapers at night and naptime? TOP
Soaking through diapers can be a sign that your baby’s bottom is growing and in need increase in your diaper size and/or diaper covers. It can also mean that your baby is sleeping for longer periods of time. Hooray! You can simply use 2 diapers for long sleep period or try a different fold. If neither of these work, please give us a call and we will work with you to find a solution.
What size of diapers do you offer? TOP
Another reason we are proud to offer Bambo Nature products is that there are many sizes available. More sizes mean a better fit for your baby or toddler.
Premature Size 0 – 2.2 lbs-6.6 lbs
Size 1 Newborn – 4.4 to 8.8 lbs
Size 2 Mini – 6.5 to 13 lbs
Size 3 Midi – 11 to 22 lbs
Size 4 Maxi – 18 to 40 lbs
Size 4+ Maxi+ - 26 to 48 lbs
Size 5 Junior – 33 to 55 lbs
Training Pants: Size 4+ Maxi Plus – Fits 30 lbs or more
Training Pants: Size 6 XL Plus – Fits 39 lbs or more
Can I compost my own diapers at home? TOP
No, it is not safe and it is never recommended that you compost your own diapers at home because it is not possible to reach the necessary and consistent temperature, carbon and nitrogen content, and proper aeration techniques over the 14 week period that is required to kill harmful bacteria found in human waste. Curbside recycling is also not able to safely process compostable diapers at this time and placement of soiled diapers can contaminate the entire contents of recycling bins.